The El Paso County GOP has released its Official Call for Assembly for March 24th, 2018. You can download/print a copy here, or read the contents, below. Looking forward to meeting ALL the delegates at the Assembly!
Official Call for Assembly
Pursuant to Article IX; Section 9.01F of the Bylaws of the El Paso County Republican Central Committee and Colorado Revised Statutes 1-4-102 and 1-4-601, notice is hereby given that the El Paso County Republican County Assembly shall be convened beginning at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, 2018, at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Gallogly Hall (University Center), 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 [CRS 1-4-602].
Where: UCCS – Gallogly Event Center- Gallogly website 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Enter by the Student Center or up the stairs outside. Google Maps
Saturday, March 24, 2018
8:00am to 5:00pm (approx.)
Check-in and credentialing (registration) for this Assembly will begin at 8:00 a.m. and close at 10:30 a.m.
The tentative schedule will be as follows:
8:00 a.m.: Credentials Open
9:00 a.m.: House Districts 17, 18, 19 and 21
10:00 a.m.: All selected Delegates and Alternates need to be in line to check in
10:30 a.m.: Credentialing for the County Assembly closes; Alternates will be selected to fill open Delegate positions
10:30 a.m.: Senate Districts 2, 9 and 11
12:30 p.m.: County Assembly
2:00 p.m.: Commissioner Districts 1 and 5 and House District 15
3:00 p.m.: House Districts 14, 16 and 20
4:00 p.m.: Reconvene County Assembly
Teller Committee Report
*****Delegates will be seated in the Gallogly Event Center while Alternates will be seated in Berger Hall. All proceedings will be televised into this adjoining room. Delegates must register no later than 10:30 a.m. as Alternates will be moved up to fill vacant Delegate positions beginning at 10:30 a.m.*****
A total of 1,507 delegates and 1,507 alternate delegates have been authorized by the El Paso County Republican Central Committee for this Assembly. Delegates and alternate delegates have been apportioned to each precinct according to the votes cast in each county for the Republican candidate for President in the last general election. Each precinct shall receive one county delegate and one county alternate for each major portion of 120 votes for the Republican candidate for President in the last general election, with a minimum of two delegates per precinct. A statement of delegates apportioned to each precinct is located at gopelpaso.com/elections/2018-delegate-allocations
What is the Purpose of the Assembly?
The El Paso County Republican Assembly will convene for the following purposes:
- Elect candidates to primary ballots
- Ratifying the list of precinct persons chosen at the precinct caucuses.
- Electing 469 delegates and 469 alternates to the Republican State Assembly to be held April 14, 2018, in Boulder, Colorado, at CU Boulder Campus. The Assembly will also select a Vacancy in Designation and Nomination Committee and transact any other business as may properly come before it.
- Electing 469 Delegates and Alternates to the Republican 5th Congressional Assembly, to be held March 31, 2018, in Colorado Springs. The Congressional Assembly will nominate and designate candidates for the office of United States Congress. The Assembly will also select a Vacancy in Designation and Nomination Committee and transact any other business as may properly come before it.
- Vote to adopt platform resolutions (began at Caucus)
- To consider and adopt such other rules and resolutions and conduct all other business which may properly come before this County Assembly and the respective district assemblies.
The District Assemblies for Commission District 1 and 5; for House Districts 14, 15, 16, 17,18, 19, 20, and 21; and for Senatorial Districts 2, 9 and 11 will convene March 24, 2018, at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Each of these district Assemblies will nominate and designate candidates for the applicable district, select a Vacancy in Designation and Nomination Committee, and transact any other business as may properly come before it. This call shall constitute the Official Call for each of these assemblies; all delegates and alternates to these respective assemblies, at the request of the Chair of each of these districts.